onsdag 6. mai 2009

Letter from the metal


I dag har jeg endelig fått svar fra Metallica (Jeg sendte jo dette postkortet)!

Fra: metal@digger.net
Sendt: May 5. 2009 07:13:24
Til: postcards@live.no
---

Hi there, Buoy!
I see you are interested in our Sandman-song. That's great! By the way, I loved having you over for that candle light dinner a few years ago. I remember you showing all of us what a great glottal singer you are when you sang Britney Spears' "Piece of Me".

Over to your question about whether we encourage people to enter the sandman or that the sandman actually enters (the stage or something). We don't know... What is a sandman, really? Do you know? Wikipedia states that it is
1. a figure in folklore who brings good sleep and dreams
2. a comic book
3. a Norwegian documentary

I believe, after watching the music video, that the former explanation is the best. The child in the video appears to be having terrible dreams, so-called albtraumen in German.
However, entering a person of sand sounds very intriguing -- maybe I will try it tomarrow!

James H.
---

TAKK LYNDON!

Ingen kommentarer: